Job Title: Assistant Buyer
Job type: Permanent/fixed term
Reports to: Procurement Manager
The Land Development Agency (“LDA”), a newly created commercial semi-state body (primary legislation pending) seeks an Assistant Buyer to assist in delivery of a best practice procurement function within Finance. The successful candidate will work with the Category Buyers and Procurement Manager to support all aspects of procurement across the group and operations including the implementation of the procurement strategy, managing a variety of under threshold and framework mini-competition tenders whilst also assisting in larger construction/ services tender processes.
The Assistant Buyer will work across all elements of the business including land acquisition, property development, finance, investment and operations assisting with the development of the procurement function providing specialist knowledge to ensure tenders are comprehensive and fully compliant with Irish and EU public procurement rules, guidelines and regulations.
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Buyer include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage end-to-end individual tender processes for below threshold tenders and mini-competitions from frameworks – these duties would include.
– drafting tender documentation using LDA templates
– advice on selection and/or award criteria
– advice on specifications
– publication of notices at national and EU level on eTenders
– management of clarifications via eTenders
– preparation of evaluation matrix
– organisation of tender evaluation panels including selection of appropriate personnel, ensuring the evaluation panel is briefed on the relevant selection and award criteria
– assistance with drafting and issuing notification letters
– publication of award notices if appliable
– ensuring transitional processes are in place in relation to services being transferred from an incumbent supplier to a new supplier
- Assist Category Buyers for over threshold tender processes and framework agreements.
- Maintain procurement files to support C&AG review, internal and external audit
- Assist the Procurement Manager with management of a contracts register to ensure all data is relevant and up to date
- Contract management on completion of a competitive process with the relevant stakeholders for the duration of the contract
- Ad hoc procurement administration duties as required
The successful candidate should be confident and commercially minded with at least 2 years previous experience gained in an equivalent procurement role and have:
- A proven track record in management of construction works and/or services contracts under the public procurement regime.
- Previous property procurement experience in a similar semi-state body would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge and experience of public procurement and be familiar with eTenders & European Journal.
- Be able to identify and meet targets and savings through optimising procurement arrangements
- Previous experience of applying stringent compliance standards in a procurement function while managing the execution and documentation of tender processes
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined team and demonstrated the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Delivered robust, efficient and methodical work methods
- Initiative and decision-making skills to prioritise tasks and drive results
- A recognised qualification in procurement would be advantageous but is not a requirement (e.g. professional certification in procurement with IIPMM, CIPS, IPA or the equivalent)
Please email your CV to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 19th June 2020.
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.