Assistant Development Manager
Job Title: Assistant Development Manager
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Senior Development Manager
ABOUT THE LAND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
The Land Development Agency (LDA), established in September 2018, is a key Government land management initiative to develop public land for housing delivery.
The LDA will be overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with an initial portfolio of seven sites and initial equity of up to €1.25 billion when our primary legislation is passed in 2021.
The Assistant Development Manager will be a part of the Property Team and assist in the day-to-day management of matters pertaining to the acquisition, planning, procurement, construction and operational stages of a Project. Depending on the status of the project the Assistant Development Manager may assist with:
- the development of the project brief including project scope definition, programme development and budget development;
- the appointment (inc scope definition, preparation of tender docs and tender evaluation) of design teams and other support functions;
- support to the Project Team during the preparation of planning permissions, statutory applications, the site acquisition process, the tracking of the discharge of planning conditions and other necessary consents;
- engagement with stakeholders to coordinate all required inputs into the project documents;
- administration and management of all project documents;
- the creation of project registers and trackers and the maintenance of such to ensure accurate records;
- the development and tracking of project budgets and financial appraisals;
- support the management of the contract during the operational phase;
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to support and actively contribute to wider business development and corporate strategy initiatives.
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Third level technical qualification in construction or development related area.
- Minimum 2 years PQE in a relevant area.
- Demonstrable willingness to take on new responsibilities and the ability to work unsupervised or as part of a team within a well-defined project organisation structure;
- Experience of the development process would be an advantage;
- Familiar with the use of normal business software, including Microsoft Office;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in the making and delivery of reports on delegated activities.
Other Requirements Desirable
- Be a driven proactive solutions & results focused team player, with the ability to adapt to new challenges
- A keen interest in the development process and developing skillsets like:
- project and development management skillset
- contractual, commercial and financial aspects of development projects;
- building & managing stakeholder relationships
- Commercial acumen – and understanding viability and cost drivers and the impact on budgets & cashflows would be an advantage
- Technical knowledge – an understanding of technical principles such as the planning system, construction buildability, technical solutions value engineering would be an advantage
- Commitment to CPD training;
- Full clean driving license as some site travel will be required.
Please email your CV to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday the 21st May at 12pm
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.