Audit & Risk Adviser
Job Title: Audit & Risk Adviser
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Head of Finance
About The Land Development Agency
The Land Development Agency (LDA), established in September 2018, is a key Government land management initiative to develop public land for housing delivery.
The LDA will be overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with an initial portfolio of seven sites and initial equity of up to €1.25 billion when our primary legislation is passed in 2020.
This is a hands-on role for a solution orientated internal auditor and risk professional who will develop and manage the internal control environment of this recently established agency.
The Audit & Risk Adviser will bring a systematic, disciplined approach to continuously improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls, and governance processes. The role with involve working closely with the outsourced internal and external audit provider, corporate advisor and across business units of the Agency.
- Develop & enhance the Agency’s internal control environment to best in class
- Close liaison with various 1st and 2nd lines of defence including supporting the Finance and Compliance Managers with external audits, including the Comptroller & Auditor reviews
- Implement an effective risk management framework and culture to include regular review of Risk Management Policies, Risk Management Action Plans, Risk Appetite and Risk Registers.
- Establish risk reporting processes and to include regular updates to senior management and Audit & Risk Committee
- Appropriately assess potential findings and identify / formulate solutions to issues around internal controls
- Identifying, mitigating, and reporting risks to the achievement of delivery of capital projects
- Agree issues/findings with accountable owners and track until closure. Conduct post-audit follow up, ensuring any issues or recommendations identified during audits are implemented
- Reviewing internal audit work control deficiencies to track implementation of recommended processes designed to strengthen internal controls in property, investment, finance, governance, compliance, and operations
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience designing, improving, and enhancing risk frameworks within capital intensive industry/property development
- Internal Audit experience either in practice or industry with minimum 3-5 years’ post qualification experience in similar role or practice
- Strong stakeholder management skills and team management experience
- Professional member of an accounting body (ACA, ACCA etc) or risk management qualification
- Excellent written and oral skills to compliment high quality reporting skills
- Good financial acumen
- Ability to work independently, form own judgement/ opinions, provide insights and drive change with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize, work on multiple assignments and manage ambiguity
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Results orientated and experience working to right deadline and proactively identifying solutions.
- Ambitious -willing to lead and implement process change
Please email your CV to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 3 July 2020.
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.