Job Title: Construction Lead
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Head of Property
Salary: Circa €110k
ABOUT THE LAND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
The Land Development Agency (LDA), established in September 2018, is a key Government land management initiative to develop public land for housing delivery.
Its objectives are to:
- Coordinate appropriate State lands for regeneration and development, opening up key sites for housing delivery;
- Drive strategic land assembly, working with both public and private sector land- owners;
- Contribute towards the delivery of affordable housing; and
- Become a leading influencer of housing and land management, through research and innovation.
The LDA will be shortly underpinned by grounding legislation, and is overseen by an independent board of directors. The Government has committed to providing the LDA with equity capital of up to €1.25 billion.
The LDA is advancing a number of large-scale housing development projects. As these projects near construction starts, the Agency is enhancing its project delivery platform by seeking a senior experienced construction project delivery professional to lead our construction team.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to develop a team that will lead the delivery of a wide range of transformative residential and regeneration projects and make a material impact in housing delivery in Ireland.
The ideal candidate will have appropriate technical qualifications with significant pre-construction and contracts management experience to successfully deliver large scale projects on time and on budget. Knowledge of public procurement as it relates to capital projects is a distinct advantage.
Working collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders will be a key requirement for the role while bringing the drive, work ethic and adaptability required to deliver landmark projects.
The successful candidate should have a genuine passion and interest in helping to alleviate Ireland’s housing pressures.
The Construction Lead will be a key and senior member of the LDA Property Team, leading the management of all the construction related activities of the LDA portfolio within the greater Dublin area, or as otherwise required by the LDA. The successful appointee will form part of the wider LDA leadership group. She or he is likely to already be operating at a senior level in capital projects delivery and will be required to:
- Ensure that all projects are collectively and individually delivered safely, on time, on budget and in line with the quality requirements of the Agency.
- Protect the Agency’s interests and taxpayer’s money through expertise in capital works procurement and contract design.
- Draw from experience in relation to engineering and construction solutions required to provide a world class construction installation
- Provide support in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed
- Participate in project cost reviews & other project control requirements e.g. risk reviews
- Manage change in conjunction with the other LDA project leads
- Ensure appropriate high levels of communication and coordination with all stakeholders, partner organisations (such as LA’s, Irish Water, NTA etc.) designers and contractors, using both formal governance / contract structures and informal channels as required.
- Provide support and advice to other relevant LDA staff in delivery of their tasks, such as planning issues, early design or project / task planning, communications, contract preparations, negotiations and relationship management.
- Ensure that sustainable practices are optimised on site and are included at the earliest possible stage
- Develop and manage a dedicated internal construction team who will manage the various individual projects (pre-construction, construction and handover stages) a on a day- to- day basis.
- Assist the management team and all other LDA staff in fulfilling the objectives of the Agency
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Third level technical qualification in construction/ development related area.
- Minimum 10 years working on delivery of construction/ development projects
- Experience of public procurement and delivering projects through same a distinct advantage.
- Proven track record of delivering of large-scale construction projects on-time and on-budget (residential not essential, but an advantage);
- Pre-construction experience regarding efficiency and value engineering desirable;
- Contract negotiation, management and monitoring through to final account;
- Experience of Health and Safety requirements for construction projects;
- Proven track record in leading a team within a project organisation structure;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially in the making and delivery of reports on delegated activities.
Other Requirements Desirable
- The successful candidate must be a team-player, and be able to demonstrate this
- Solutions results focused, with the ability to adapt to new challenges
- Ability to build & manage stakeholder relationships
- Commercial acumen, including an understanding of cost drivers and the impact on budgets & cashflows
- Technical knowledge – broad knowledge of technical principles across the development lifecyle to add value at various stages
- Commitment to CPD training;
- Full clean driving license as some site travel will be required.
Please email your CV to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 12pm Friday 14th May 2021
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.