Job Title: Contracts Assistant
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Finance Manager
About The Land Development Agency
The Land Development Agency (LDA), established in September 2018, is a key Government land management initiative to develop public land for housing delivery.
The LDA will be overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with an initial portfolio of seven sites and initial equity of up to €1.25 billion when our primary legislation is passed in 2020.
This is a hands-on role supporting the finance manager by managing the database of contracts across the wider organisation from services to works of this recently established agency. The Contracts team lead will provide contracts support to accounts payable and procurement functions with significant interaction with business units
We seek a confident and proactive self-starter with 3 years’ experience managing contracts and negotiating supplier contracts who can prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities and who enjoys working in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
- Record contracts across business units working closely with procurement, development, finance and legal
- Agreeing business support contracts like facilities, office supplies, marketing, communications and IT with suppliers
- Manage questions/clarifications items during contract negotiation and circulate to reviewers & request responses to clarifications and route final agreements for signature
- Ensure structures are put in place to monitor, review, and control the spend under contracts and to manage contract expiry dates
- Support internal audit and compliance functions in developing a strong controls environment focused on PO process and contract approval
- Implement a contracts management system for the Agency and update database of contracts
- Support the finance manager with internal and external audits, including the C&AG
- Ad-hoc reporting within finance
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong organisation skills and business acumen
- Organised and efficient with excellent attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, with experience in other Microsoft Packages.
- Ability to work independently and in a team and to business partner with other business units
- A willingness to embrace a challenge and work within an evolving / changing environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Industry exposure; knowledge of construction industry/property development or capital investment projects
- Exposure to the semi state sector would be advantageous.
- Experience working within a medium sized finance team
- Ability to lead and implement processes
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 5pm 30 June 2020.
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.