Job Title: Cost Manager
Job Type: Permanent – full time
Reports to: Head of Property
The Land Development Agency (‘LDA’), established in September 2018, is a key Government land management initiative to develop public land for housing delivery.
The LDA will be overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with an initial portfolio of development sites and initial equity of up to €1.25 billion when our primary legislation is passed in 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cost Manager to support the development of the LDA’s extensive development pipeline, by providing advice, review and validation of cost plans from early feasibility through to construction thus ensuring robust budgeting and value for money.
- Develop close working relationship across all LDA functions, especially regarding project scope definition, specification and design.
- Participation in design team meetings through the design phases offering cost advice to ensure the financial viability of the project without compromising the design, including:
- Design brief development
- Project Cost Estimating
- Project-specific contractor selection
- Cost benchmarking and analysis
- Project budget development and value for money proof
- Client presentation and review of project budgets and fee proposals
- Monthly cost reporting preparation
- Ensure that the design team stay cognizant of the most efficient unit types, unit and project layouts and building materials when progressing a scheme design.
- Lead value engineering exercises throughout various stages of projects
- Liaison with project delivery teams ensuring construction budgets for upcoming developments are robust.
- Scenario planning for different modern methods of construction.
- Development / maintenance of a databank of construction costs to assist the ongoing Cost Estimation and Financial Appraisal process.
- Involvement in contractor negotiations were appropriate
- Attend meetings and undertake site visits.
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a PQS or similar environment with demonstrable relevant experience.
- Have a proven track-record in management roles within the property sector, with public sector experience an advantage.
- Track-record in the delivery of housing and / or other development projects.
- Knowledge and/or experience of public procurement is an advantage.
- A self-starter, ability to take ownership and responsibility for the delivery of major projects and tasks.
- Ability to work within a team and to appreciate the multi-disciplinary nature of the LDA. Self -motivated and driven.
- Ability to work independently or collaborate across both internal and external functional teams; and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with clarity of delivery
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 5pm 31st July 2020.
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.