Head of Strategy, Policy and Corporate Development
Job Title: Head of Strategy, Policy and Corporate Development
Reports to: Chief Executive
About The Land Development Agency
The Land Development Agency (LDA) is a key Government land management initiative to develop public land for housing delivery. The LDA is overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with an initial portfolio of seven sites and initial equity of up to €1.25 billion when our primary legislation is passed in the next few months.
Role and Purpose
The LDA is overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed initial equity capital of €1.25 billion.
The LDA operates in complex strategic, policy, market and stakeholder contexts. It is critical that the LDA drives the delivery of its strategy in the context of changing policies in relation to housing and development and maximises its impact on sustainable development in Ireland.
It is also vital that we communicate our work and strategy in an effective way. As a public body, the government, politicians, communities and other stakeholders deserve to have full visibility on our progress and direction.
Given this context, the LDA requires the best available resources to ensure that its strategic direction, implementation, and policy interactions are carried out in an effective manner. As such, we are seeking applications to work at the LDA from senior strategy, policy and communications professionals to fulfil the role of Head of Strategy, Policy and Corporate Development.
This is a senior position in the LDA, and it will report to the CEO.
The role will encompass the following:
- With the CEO and board, drive the development of the LDA’s strategy
- Implement the business planning process to deliver on group strategy
- Ensure robust reporting mechanisms, controls and monitoring in relation to strategy implementation, including KPIs
- Managing interactions with multiple stakeholders in relation to the LDA strategy, including the government, government departments and European institutions
- Management of policy interactions regarding policy matters that impact on the LDA, especially housing policy
- Ensuring broad government / political understanding of the LDA
- Trade organisations, representative group relationships
- Ensuring the LDA’s message and brand is communicated in an effective and open manner
- Maintaining and enhancing relationships with external stakeholders and also Government and state sector stakeholders
- A deep understanding of the state sector, political environment, government and national priorities
- Strong grasp of the housing policy environment and drivers, especially as they relate to existing and emerging state supported housing tenures
- Clear vision of how the LDA should manage communications, political and media interactions in an open and transparent manner. Experience of managing same.
- A wide contact base of critical LDA stakeholders to ensure strong relationships are maintained with the LDA.
- Experience of strategy implementation and monitoring in contexts and scale similar to the LDA.
- Business planning experience to deliver on strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable dedication to serving the public.
- Research and analytical abilities.
Please email your CV to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 10th July 2020.
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.