IT Systems Specialist
Job Title: IT Systems Specialist
Job Type: Permanent – full time
Reports to: Head of Operations
The successful candidate will be actively engaged in the development and support of LDA IT infrastructure, information services, business solutions and web applications.
Reporting to Head of Operations, the primary role of the IT Systems Specialist is to contribute to IT managed projects from user requirement analysis through feasibility, procurement, testing and implementation to deliver IT projects which meet the LDAs business requirements.
More specifically the individual will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Analyse and prepare detailed functional system specifications for the development of newly defined applications or enhancements to existing systems; Support & ensuring User Acceptance Testing is successfully completed on new applications or enhancements to existing system; liaising with and insuring users acceptance of change
- Project manage the delivery of projects and programmes of technical change using best practice project management methodologies, tools and processes
- Ensure all project and technical documentation relating to projects is maintained
- Business process mapping – identify and map business requirements with internal and external teams.
- Work as a member of the Systems Development team to refine best practice project and programme management
- Manage service provider performance through reporting and monitoring of service level agreements
- Work with external service providers to identify and deliver best practice business process solutions
- Provide support to internal stakeholders for application related deployments
- Public procurement and contract management
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical Degree to bachelor level or other related third level qualification
- Relevant experience including process analysis
- Experience of aligning IT solutions with business needs
- Strong technical background
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and IT service skills
- Systems integration & development experience
- Solid understanding of development lifecycles, methodologies, quality metrics
- Strong investigative and demonstrable project management experience
- Knowledge of or experience with contributing to IT orientated solutions to business needs and requirements
- Experience working with or understanding of large data handling environments including management information systems and database architecture such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Up-to-date with recent trends in technology and how web services and web applications can be used to strategically support business functions
- Knowledge of the technology needs and business processes of a regulatory body, including licensing systems, issues management systems and spectrum management
- Previous exposure to bespoke IS solutions and have experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of ISO standard operating environment
- Project Management Certification e.g. Agile, PMP, Prince2
Core Competencies & Skills for the Role
In addition to your technical qualifications and experience, you will bring professional competencies and skills in the following core areas:
- Analytical & Critical Thinking – Objectively analyses and evaluates information in order to identify patterns between situations that are not obviously related. Develops and clearly articulates solutions to complex problems
- Planning & Organising – Establishes and monitors priorities, systematically differentiating between urgent, important and unimportant. Manages activities to deliver results. Meets objectives within predetermined time frames.
- Technical Knowledge & Continuous Improvement – Possesses a command over the technical and professional skills for a particular discipline. Keeps an open mind. Demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement
- Communicating & Influencing – Communicates clearly, confidently and respectfully. Engages, persuades and convinces others to follow a particular course of action. Ensures all relevant parties are appropriately updated and notified.
- Decision Making & Judgement – Effectively builds evidence base to support the decision-making process. Assesses alternative options. Uses judgement to adapt to specific and challenging requirements of the organisation.
If you meet the criteria and are interested in applying, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 19 August 2020.
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.