Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Cost Manager
Salary Range: Circa €65k
ABOUT THE LAND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
The Land Development Agency (LDA), established in September 2018, is a key Government land management initiative to develop public land for housing delivery.
The LDA will be overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with an initial portfolio of seven sites and initial equity of up to €1.25 billion when our primary legislation is passed in 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to support the development of the LDA’s extensive development pipeline, by assisting with cost benchmarking, Agency cost report and tracking, in-depth cost analysis of all construction and development costs, validation of cost plans from early feasibility through to construction, ensuring robust budgeting and value for money is always achieved.
The LDA are looking for candidates with strong commercial and technical acumen allied with the ambition and drive to progress the exciting development pipeline. A successful candidate will actively collaborate and support colleagues and the wider LDA stakeholders.
- Participation in design team meetings through the design phases offering cost advice to ensure the financial viability of the project without compromising the design, including:
- Design brief development
- Project cost estimating
- Project-specific contractor selection
- Cost benchmarking and analysis
- Project budget development
- Monthly cost reporting preparation
- Assisting in the development of cost analysis to identify the most cost-efficient unit types, unit layouts and building materials.
- Assisting in the co-ordination of value engineering exercises throughout various stages of projects
- Liaising with project delivery teams ensuring construction budgets for upcoming developments are robust.
- Investigation into modern methods of construction, the supply chain and cost analysis.
- Assisting with the development / maintenance of a databank of construction costs to assist the ongoing development and financial appraisals process.
- Work with LDA Development Managers and Project Managers to develop budgets and track expenditure.
- Assisting LDA Development Managers and Project Managers as required in the management of projects on a day- to- day basis.
- Involvement in contractor negotiations where appropriate.
- Attend meetings and undertake site visits.
- Minimum of 6 year’s experience as a PQS or similar environment with demonstrable relevant experience.
- Experience with cost management and procurement of residential developments.
- Knowledge and/or experience of public procurement is an advantage.
- A self-starter, ability to take ownership and responsibility for the delivery of major projects and tasks.
- Ability to work within a team and to appreciate the multi-disciplinary nature of the LDA.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across both internal and external functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with clarity of delivery.
- Degree or Higher in Quantity Surveying.
- Chartered or in the process of gaining chartership.
- Good written and spoken communicator.
- Understanding/working knowledge of BIM.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation skills and a team player
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Closing date for applications 12pm Friday 14th May 2021.
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.