Real Estate Financial Modelling Associate
Job Title: Real Estate Financial Modeling Associate
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Head of Investment
Salary: Circa 60k
ABOUT THE LAND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
The Land Development Agency (LDA), established in September 2018, is a key Government land management initiative to develop public land for housing delivery.
The LDA will be overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with an initial portfolio of seven sites and initial equity of up to €1.25 billion when our primary legislation is passed in 2021.
The Associate will work within the LDA’s investment function, whose responsibilities include the development and implementation of the agency’s delivery and funding strategies.
The Associate will assist in the financial assessment and evaluation of project delivery strategies at various lifecycle stages and will be responsible for the preparation and submission of internal recommendation to the appropriate delegated authority, including the LDA’s investment committee.
The Associate will also be responsible for the development and delivery of high-quality real estate financial modelling output to support the agency’s assessment process and to facilitate wider reporting and budgeting processes.
Reporting to the Investment Manager, this is a hands-on role that offers significant responsibility and opportunities for the right candidate to advance their career and support the LDA’s delivery ambitions in the delivery of residential housing.
- Financial modelling and commercial analysis of real estate/property development and investment/acquisition opportunities
- Preparation and submission of investment papers / recommendations to the appropriate internal delegated authority
- Working across departments to drive and challenge financial projections in relation to development budgets, project spend, forecasts, strategic plans and cash flow forecasts
- Contributing to funding proposals and debt raising activities to support the long-term capital structure of the business, both at a project and corporate level
- Risk management, with responsibilities including the maintenance of the divisional risk register
- Preparation of cash management forecasts and development of KPI report monitoring for internal and external stakeholders
Knowledge & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years relevant experience (Corporate Finance, Real Estate Investment, or similar), a professional qualification (accountant/CFA qualified)
- Advanced excel and financial modelling skills – exposure to ARGUS EstateMaster or similar software would be an advantage
- Proven ability to leverage analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable track record of project delivery
- Demonstrable ability to connect with people regarding financial and commercial issues
- Experienced working to tight deadlines
- Corporate finance and/or Investment experience beneficial
- Experience in property development or real estate investment industry would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and comfortable in a changing and expanding team. environment
- Business Competencies
- Task and solution orientated
- Ability to drive financial analysis and support the management in evaluating developments
- Foster strong working relationships with the investment, finance and property development teams.
- Self -motivated and focused
- Ambition to lead business planning function
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across different functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with clarity of delivery.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday, 21st May 2021 at 12pm
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.