Senior Procurement Specialist
Job Title: Senior Procurement Specialist
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Reports to: Procurement Manager
ABOUT THE LAND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
The Land Development Agency (LDA), established in September 2018, is a key Government land management initiative to develop public land for housing delivery.
The LDA will be overseen by an independent board of directors and the Government has committed to providing the LDA with an initial portfolio of seven sites and initial equity of up to €1.25 billion when our primary legislation is passed in 2020.
The Land Development Agency (“LDA”), a new commercial semi-state body seeks a Senior Procurement Specialist (Construction Works & Services) to assist in delivery of a best practice procurement function within Finance. The successful candidate will work with the Procurement Manager to support all aspects of procurement across the group and operations including the development and implementation of the procurement strategy, identifying procurement needs, developing a procurement plan, managing a variety of tenders and negotiation of contracts.
The Senior Procurement Specialist will work across all elements of the business including land acquisition, property development, finance, investment, etc. developing the procurement function providing specialist knowledge to ensure our tenders are comprehensive and fully compliant with Irish and EU public procurement rules, guidelines and regulations.
The duties and responsibilities of the Senior Procurement Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing policies and procedures and maintaining internal controls for the procurement function
- Supporting the organisation in implementing the goals and requirements as set out in the Corporate procurement plan
- Promoting procurement awareness within the agency and updating teams on changes in procurement law
- Management of a procurement reporting systems to include a contract register to provide oversight of procured contracts and forecasted procurement requirements.
- Supporting the following administrative duties:
- Partner and collaborate with internal teams in defining, reviewing and agreeing detailed strategies in line with business objectives
- develop sourcing strategies by collaborating with business stakeholders, carrying out in spend analysis, and supply market evaluation to define and prioritise sourcing
- Prepare and coordinate strategic OJEU and stand-alone tender documentation and oversee tender process including;
- Advice on selection and award criteria
- Advice on specifications
- Drafting tender documentation using LDA templates
- Management of the tender through e-tenders and OJEU portal.
- Evaluate supplier responses and prepare clarifications for supplier award process
- Carry out evaluations, organise consensus scoring sessions where relevant and prepare award and regret letters as necessary.
- Production of Regulation 84 reports
- Preparation, co-ordination and execution of contracts
- Ensuring transitional processes are in place in relation to services being transferred from an incumbent supplier to a new supplier.
- Maintain procurement files to support C&AG review, internal and external audit
- Provide regular reports on procurement activity to management team and budget holders
- Contract management on completion of a competitive process with the relevant stakeholders for the duration of the contract
- Ad hoc procurement duties as required
Knowledge & Experience:
The successful candidate should be confident and commercially minded with a minimum of 3 years’ experience at senior procurement/buyer level and have:
- A relevant their level qualification; a recognised qualification in procurement would be advantageous but is not a requirement (e.g. professional certification in procurement with IIPMM, CIPS, IPA or the equivalent)
- A track record in procuring supplies and services within the Construction Industry
- Knowledge of the public procurement regime
- Knowledge of the eTenders & European Journal portal
- Be able to identify and meet targets and savings through optimising procurement strategies
- Previous experience of applying stringent compliance standards in a procurement function while managing the execution and documentation of tender processes
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplined team and demonstrated the ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Organised and efficient with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Delivered robust, efficient and methodical work methods
- Initiative and decision-making skills to prioritise tasks and drive results
- A willingness to embrace a challenge and work within an evolving / changing environment.
Please email your CV to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm on the 11th March 2021
The Land Development Agency is an equal opportunities employer.