Request For Expressions of Interest, from Landowners for the sale of Residential Land/Development Sites to the Land Development Agency
Private Land Acquisition Initiative
The Land Development Agency (LDA) is seeking expressions of interest from landowners as it plans to purchase privately-owned sites for the delivery of affordable housing.
The LDA’s land acquisition programme will support and supplement the agency’s objective of increasing its annual output of affordable homes through direct delivery mechanisms.
In assessing all submissions received under this Land Acquisition EOI process, LDA will be focussing on large-scale sites with existing planning permission for 200 plus homes (or sites with a positive route to planning) which support the National Planning Framework / compact growth agenda. Other key requirements will include, inter alia, transport links, development viability and building cost efficiencies. Sites close to or near existing state lands will be of particular interest. Full details are set out in the Information Documents attached below.
Application & Submission Process
The LDA encourages interested parties that can satisfy the criteria set out to;
- Confirm your interest in participating in this Expressions of Interest process by replying to [email protected]
- The LDA will then issue interested parties with instructions, including a secure link to transfer their submission together all supporting documentation to the LDA.
- Applicants will be requested to submit their Expression of Interest submission via the secure email before 4pm on Friday 25th August 2023. The LDA will acknowledge receipt of all submissions received.
- The LDA will then prepare a shortlist of preferred submissions, which in the opinion of the LDA are deemed to best meet the selection criteria.
- Successful submissions will proceed to the second stage which will include a detailed due diligence in conjunction with commercial negotiation, with a view to completing sale contracts for the land acquisition by the LDA.